Are you a UK school or organisation interesting in creating an exchange partnership or trip to Peru
We offer tailor designed packages to suit your specifications using our personal links to organisations, schools and clubs in Peru.
Our exchanges give your students an authentic insight into a new country, filled with shared learning and educating, new friendships, cultural activities, work experience, volunteering and travelling.
What you get from us
Below are the services we provide but are not limited to this list, particularly as each exchange is unique and has different tailored needs.
• Partnering your school with the appropriate organisations/schools/services/community groups/sports clubs/NGOs etc. depending on what you are looking for.
• Creating a development plan for realising your exchange objectives
• Facilitating contact with the necessary partners including translation and interpreting services where needed
• Guiding a recce visit to the location in order to meet partners and risk assess trip
• Providing key information about cultural sensitivity, health and safety, language, area etc.
• Providing resources such as power points/leaflets/assemblies and talks for students, parents and teachers
• Support with fundraising activities
• Support with risk assessment, health and safety and language planning.
• Expert advice on voluntourism where volunteer projects are included
• Extra Spanish speaking staff with expert knowledge of area available to go on exchange with school
• On-going support and communication facilitation with all partners
• Support with arranging travel, transport, accommodation, extra trips, and activities.
• Costing of operations including our fee. As a charity, this fee goes towards ensuring our staff are able to carry out such work and into keeping our charity running and continuing its work with young people.
Ethics and Values
Our projects are based on the premise that all students, teachers and partners from both countries have skills and qualities to share and learn from that will add much value to the other’s experience. Key to our work is the values of partnership and mutual respect with all stakeholders to ensure all are able to learn, share and develop.
How to proceed
If you are interested in discussing the possibility of a school/sports club/professional/ organisation/ personal exchange with the equivalent in Peru, contact us here and we will respond with a Skype or personal meeting request to look at viability and options.
Please note that we will cost up the exchange once we have been able to meet with you and create the tailored package. Schools may take different routes in paying for exchange costs. Examples may include 1. Individual children paying to be on the trip or fundraising to take part 2. An interviewed selection of students to become the exchange team and fundraise altogether 3. The school looking at alternative funding options that are available to them. We are happy to help support and provide extra assistance with fundraising initiatives.