Who we are
Norfolk International Projects (NIP) is a Charity Organisation under the Umbrella Organisation Norfolk Youth Projects. We have regular Meetings with our young people.
What we do
NIP’s main aims are to organise cultural youth exchanges for young people, both in Norfolk, and abroad. Our target group focuses on young people with fewer opportunities, some living in remote rural communities, and some with educational, social or financial difficulties.
These are the main things we’re involved with:
- Youth exchanges within the European Union, and the rest of the World. Opportunity for young people between 15 and 25 years to experience intercultural adventures in Norfolk and around Europe.
- European Volunteering Service (EVS) gives young people the Opportunity to volunteer in another country.
During the ten years we have been involved in, and organised, more than 60 youth exchanges involving more than 3000 young people from England and 25 other countries.
How we do it
Norfolk International Projects is affiliated with the Momentum – a membership based charity that acts as an umbrella organisation to those working with children and young people, within the voluntary and community sector in Norfolk.
Our members meet on a regular basis in Norwich and also hold residential weekends in Norfolk three or four times a year. Our young people help plan NIP youth exchanges, EVS projects and local fund-raising activities.
Youth Exchanges offer an opportunity for groups of young people from different countries to meet and learn about each other’s cultures.
Our youth exchanges aim to promote one or more of the following themes:
- Fostering young people’s sense of European citizenship and help them to understand their role as part of the present and future of Europe
- Reflecting a common concern for European society, for example: racism, xenophobia and anti-semitism, and drug abuse
- Promoting European values, such as equal opportunities, human rights and democracy, and respect for other cultures
- Having a European interest, such as EU enlargement, European institutions, or European projects
What are our youth exchanges like?
A typical youth exchange will involve 10 – 15 young people from Norfolk, and a similar number of young people from four or five other European countries. They will take part in structured activities in areas such as arts, crafts, drama, music, and sports
They will also have the opportunity to take part in workshops, and visits to Norwich, the Norfolk Broads, the Norfolk Coast and both Cambridge and London. Most of our activities and workshops are designed to promote the theme of that particular youth exchange using innovative, non formal, ways of learning. Our exchanges normally last between 7 – 14 days.
Why not contact us to find out how you can take part?